Half Day Pelagic Bird Tour
Get up close to our ocean-going birds on this spectacular tour
Known as one of the best places in New Zealand for pelagic (ocean-going) bird watching, Stewart Island boasts more than 20 species of breeding seabirds, many of which can be seen on most of our trips at close proximity.
- Cruise the Muttonbird Islands
- View Giant and Cape Petrels, Sooty Shearwaters (Tītī), Albatross, plus Yellow-Eyed, Little Blue and Fiordland Crested penguins, Terns, Skua, Cormorants and more…
- You are in experienced hands – we are a certified member of the New Zealand Birding Network with over 20 years’ experience
- Bonus sightings include bottlenose dolphins, fur seals and sea lions
- Small groups ensure a highly personalised tour
- On board toilet and heated cabin, with complimentary fresh tea and coffee
- Vessel adapted for maximum wildlife viewing and photo opportunities, and close proximity to birds
- On-board species list and identification guide, detailed commentary from your knowledgeable skipper
Select our full day Land & Sea Bird Tour to add the Ulva Island bird sanctuary, either on your own or with an experienced guide. There’s even an option to add an evening Wild Kiwi Encounter to make this Stewart Island’s most comprehensive birding package.
What to bring:
- Warm, comfortable clothing, including a windbreaker/ rain jacket and suitable closed footwear (no open footwear permitted on board)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Personal water bottle and snacks if desired
- Lunch if opting for our full day Land & Sea Bird Tour
To make a booking, please fill in the enquiry form or call our friendly booking team.