Full Day Land & Sea Bird Tour
Discover Stewart Island’s pelagic (ocean) and forest birds on this incredible full day combo tour
View our rare and endangered land birds on Ulva Island, either on your own or with a guide, then cruise the coastline of Stewart Island to view our stunning seabirds which are so accessible to our shores.
- 2-5 hours freedom walk at the Ulva Island bird sanctuary, or select our guided version for a 3-4 hour guided Ulva Island experience
- Then enjoy our Pelagic cruise around the Muttonbird Islands to view Petrels, Sooty Shearwaters (Tītī), striking albatross, plus Yellow-Eyed, Little Blue and Fiordland Crested penguins, Terns, Skua, Cormorants and more
- You are in experienced hands – we are a certified member of the New Zealand Birding Network with over 20 years’ experience
- Bonus sightings include bottlenose dolphins, fur seals and sea lions
- Small groups to ensure a highly personalised tour
- On board toilet and heated cabin, with complimentary fresh tea and coffee
- Vessel adapted for maximum wildlife viewing and photo opportunities, and close proximity to birds
- On-board species list and identification guide, detailed commentary from your knowledgeable skipper
- Ask about our evening Wild Kiwi Encounter add-on to make this Stewart Island’s most comprehensive birding package
Ulva Island Guided Walk Add On:
Choose a Guided Walk on Ulva Island – explore this unique open sanctuary with one of our experienced and passionate guides. Learn about the rare native birds, their forest habitat and the cultural history of this very special place.
Guided Tour Pricing: Adult $290 / Child $185
What to bring on at the Full Day Stewart Island Land & Sea Bird Tour:
- Warm, comfortable clothing, including a windbreaker/ rain jacket and suitable closed footwear (no open footwear permitted)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Packed lunch plus any snacks you may like for the day
- Personal water bottle if desired
Find out more about the fascinating guided tour of Ulva Island.
Find out more about the Pelagic Bird Tour
To make a booking, please fill in the enquiry form or call our friendly booking team.